• SCOPE OF POSITION (RAISON D’ETRE DU POSTE)
The role of the Regional Business Development Manager will be to manage the business of all speciality products including ruminants products. Product management will include strategy building and implementation, budgeting, forecasting, developing and managing the implementation of the marketing approach through the commercial network.
The role of the Regional Business Development Manager will also include the responsibility for managing the Technical Services team, coordinating their activities for day to day support of the existing full product range as well as coordinating their activities related to the development of new marketing packages or products until the point of product launch through the commercial network.
1. Product Management: define strategies, prepare budgets, forecasts, marketing plans, manage pricing, customer contracts and challenge Commercial team for sales and follow-up of offers in line with the defined strategies.
2. Technical Team Management: Coordinate the activities and programs of the technical team based on requests from the commercial team and the marketing and action plans requirements. Perform performance appraisals and monitor on-going performance of each member to ensure that the team meets the requirements of the internal and external customers. Ensure that all requests from customers for trials and information are in line with overall commercial objectives of the company or products. Evaluate and manage the technical teams’ involvement in industry organizations and technical symposiums. Ensure the analytical services budget is not exceeded and all services comply with requirements or marketing programs.
3. Product and Service Development: Coordinate the pre-launch development of new products and services including indentification of in-field trial requirments to support sales and marketing communications, prepare and train commercial team in advance of launch and oversee the development of marketing literature.
Prepare business and or marketing plans to be used as a guide for all new product initiatives.
4. Management of ruminant buisness through a distributor : define and propose strategies and budget in collaboration with the distributor through at steering committee level (CEO and business managers), follow its implementation through a core team (technical team and business manager), forecast sales based on the distributor forecast, follow the sales. Manage the technical ressources dedicated to the distributor to ensure the training of their sales force and technical people, ensure technical support to sales (direct visits to customers, technical symposiums, …).
5. Link to Business Unit and R & D: Provide a link to Business Units to coordinate development of new products and to implement strategic and or pricing initiatives as decided in concert with the Business Units.
• REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION (COMPETENCES REQUISES)
• Staff Management
• Time Management and Scheduling
• Product Management
• Marketing Skills
• Sales skills
• CRM / SAP / BW skills